Expectations vs. Reality

Before you come as an aupair in the USA you always have some expectations. That's great as long their are realistic!
The average expectations is having a perfect host family, lose weight, save a lot of money and travel like crazy. 
What I did was I traveled in the first 3 month, so I didn't save any money. Than until February I didn't traveled anymore but I saved a lot of money.
In the whole time from June to Dezember I gained weight and from January to now I lost it again. I know two Au pair's who didn't gained weight, and i met now a lot of Au pair's! What they did differently? One of the aupair is a vegetarian and the other one love healthy food and had a family who only eat healthy food. I'm the total different I hate veggies and I love fast food!!

So my advice is, try everything out but not in a row! You have a year time to experience all food. Only eat three times a day and if you want to eat a snack just eat fruits or vegetables!
One of the first thing you should do is to join a fitness studio or something that has to do with sports. I'm going to the gym and like it to go climbing.

I don't thing the perfect host family existed! No one is perfect, so do your future host family. Turn down your expectations and let yourself be surprised!





Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Last two month

#13 what really happens

Dreaming in englisch